Happy Singles Day



One of my direct reports – Dhon, came walking and stomping at my spine early today, greeting everyone “HAPPY SINGLES DAY!” In which I retorted (with smugness!), “IS THERE REALLY A THING?” Yes… there he was all smiles… days after he wrote an open letter to his Once-Pooh (now already enjoying someone’s carrot instead of his honey). Well it’s commendable to say the least that he’s taking everything lightly (for someone who’s never been cynical when this elusive L, that you all call LOVE, which I call LOCO), or is he really happy or just painting a façade? Hmmm…

Well… Single? (me panting!) Ask me? Dang’it! I’ve been single since time immemorial and I constantly prowl every time this becomes a dessert discussion or a cohol topic. My team (the group who loves heckling my heart) would always tell me that it’s my fault why I’m still unattached. They can give you a hundred and one reasons why their “cynic” boss is still single. My resignation always is I’m busy, I’m married to my job, I have priorities… and all the brouhaha!... Hmmm… it’s a choice!

To be frank and honest, my heart sits inside a fortress. An impenetrable and impermeable stronghold, assembled from bricks of fear and delusions. Yes! I’m terrified that my heart will be broken into pieces if I go ahead and commit, also I have this false impression that in taking the pink road you would never find a perfect love. I’m proud that I’m free and single but as months pass the freedom no longer interests me. My life’s no longer hearty, hence the word. DAMN ME!!!

How will I fix this? How will I put this heart back into working order? Can you smell desperation? LOL! To be candid about it… I don’t want to be left-on-the-shelf… Neither you, right?

Image from http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3132/2631198382_5b34e833f7.jpg

1 comments:

Beejing October 6, 2009 at 9:58 PM  

Finally, nakaComment na jud ko. Anyway, I love your template.

Post a Comment

About this blog

I-way recitals of a traveler, a gourmand and a pupil of life…

A JadedKnight by day and a CC Manager by night...


Followers